Do Pharmacy Technicians get regulated in Colorado?
No, Pharmacy Technicians do not get regulated in Colorado.
Are Pharmacy Technicians in Colorado required to have certification before they can practice?
No, however being a certified Pharmacy Technician brings more promising opportunities and benefits.
What are the approved certification exams required by the State Board of Pharmacy in Colorado?
The approved certification exams in Colorado are PTCB (PTCE) and/or ICPT (ExCPT).
Is a license required in Colorado to practice as a Pharmacy Technician?
No, licensure is not required for Pharmacy Technicians by the State Board of Pharmacy in Colorado.
What are the requirements to become a License Pharmacy Technician in Colorado?
- You need to have a high school diploma.
- Even if you have undergone informal on-the-job training, it is best to have completed formal training and obtain a certificate approved by the PTCB or ICPT because most of the employers (especially chain stores) favor those Pharmacy Technicians with certification and even more.
Is training required for Pharmacy Technicians in Colorado?
No, however, you are required to work under direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Are Pharmacy Technicians required to have a Continuing Education or CE?
No they are not.
More Colorado Pharmacy Technician requirements to keep in mind:
- Pharmacy Technicians in Colorado are only allowed to perform pharmacy functions that do not require professional judgment.
- The State Board of Pharmacy in Colorado permits non-certified Pharmacy Technicians to work under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist as long as there are only 3 or less of them. More than three technicians require one of them to have a degree from any accredited pharmacy programs, obtain certification or must have a 500-hour experiential training.
- Pharmacy technicians must be recognized by the National Certification State Board of Pharmacy in Colorado.
The Colorado State Board of Pharmacy Information
Address: 1560 Broadway, Suite 1310, Denver, CO 80202-5143
Phone Nos: 303-894-7800
Fax Nos: 303-894-7764