Do the State of Arizona regulate Pharmacy Technicians?
Yes, they do.
Is the State of Arizona requiring certification to practice as a pharmacy technician?
Yes, the State Board of Pharmacy in Arizona does require certification from PTCB for Pharmacy Technicians, but not for pharmacy tech trainees.
What is the approved certification exam in Arizona?
The certification approved by the State Board of Pharmacy in Arizona is PTCB (PTCE)
Is a Pharmacy Technician license required?
Yes, the State Board of Pharmacy in Arizona requires pharmacy technician to obtain a license before working in a pharmacy. This licensure requirement is unique to the State of Arizona.
Arizona Pharmacy Technician Licensure Requirements
- You have to be a citizen or a legal resident of the United States
- You must possess a High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- A written application requesting for a Pharmacy Technician registration must be submitted to the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy.
- If you have any misdemeanor or felony charges, it must be stated in the application form.
- Include the $46 biennial registration fee if applying for Pharmacist Technician trainee. For Pharmacy Technicians, visit azpharmacy.gov to check the amount since fees are pro-rated depending on the month of application.
Are technicians required to undergo training in Arizona?
Yes, pharmacy technicians working in Arizona are required by the State Board of Pharmacy to undergo training which is administered by the pharmacist-in-charge who keeps records of all good trainees.
Are Pharmacy Technicians required to have Continuing Education (CE)?
Yes, Pharmacy Technicians are required by the State Board of Pharmacy in Arizona to complete a 24-hour continuing education, two hours of which should be about pharmacy law.
How often is license renewal required?
The Pharmacy Technician license should be renewed biennially.
Arizona State Board of Pharmacy
Office Address: 1700 W. Washington Street, Suite 250, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Telephone No: 602-771-2727
Professional Association for Arizona Pharmacy Technicians:
Arizona Pharmacy Alliance
Arizona Association of Pharmacy Technicians (ALAPT)