Do the State of Arkansas regulate Pharmacy Technicians?
Yes, they do.
Is certification a requirement to practice as a Pharmacy Technician in Arkansas?
No, certification is not required by the State Board of Pharmacy in Arkansas to practice as a Pharmacy Technician.
Is a Pharmacy Technician registration required?
Yes, the State Board of Pharmacy in Arkansas requires Pharmacy Technician to obtain a registration certificate before working in a pharmacy.
What are the Pharmacy Technician Licensure Requirements in Arkansas?
- You must possess a High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- You must undergo and pass the State and Federal background check.
- A written application requesting for a Pharmacy Technician registration must be submitted to the Arkansas State Board of Pharmacy.
- You must be able to submit the fingerprints card as instructed in the application form.
- Include the $108.50 registration fee when submitting the application form. Payment can be made thru money order or personal check.
Are technicians required to undergo training in Arkansas?
No, pharmacy technicians are not required to undergo training but once licensed, the State Board of Pharmacy in Arkansas requires training under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Are Pharmacy Technicians required to have Continuing Education (CE)?
No, Pharmacy Technicians are not required by the State Board of Pharmacy in Arkansas.
How often is license renewal required?
The Pharmacy Technician license should be renewed biennially.
What should be done when there is a change of address or change of job?
You need to notify the State Board of Pharmacy in Arkansas immediately of any changes in your home address or job, otherwise you will not be able to apply or work at a new pharmacy until the board is notified.
What are some of the other Pharmacy Technician requirements in Arkansas you need to know about?
- The Pharmacy Technician’s registration certificate should be displayed in the pharmacy at all times.
- When answering telephone calls, a technician should introduce himself as the pharmacy technician.
- As a Pharmacy Technician, you are only allowed to perform pharmacy functions that do not require professional judgment.
- Two technicians are required to assist a licensed pharmacist in retail or specialty pharmacy setting.
Arkansas State Board of Pharmacy
Office Address: 101 E. Capitol, Suite 218, Little Rock, AR 72201
Telephone Nos: 501-682-0190
Fax Nos: 501-682-0195
Professional Association for Arkansas Pharm Techs:
Arkansas Pharmacists Association