Do Pharmacy Technicians get regulated in Delaware?
No, Pharmacy Technicians are not regulated in Delaware.
Is certification required for one to practice as Pharmacy Technician in Delaware?
No, however a certified Pharmacy Technician is given more substantial duties.
What are the approved certification exams required by the State Board of Pharmacy in Delaware?
The approved certification exams include PTCB (PTCE) and/or ICPT (ExCPT).
Is Pharmacy Technician licensure required in Delaware?
No, Licensure for Pharmacy Technician is not required by the State Board of Pharmacy in Delaware.
What should I do to become a License Pharmacy Technician in Delaware?
- You have to be at least 18 years old or older.
- Must complete a training program within a 90-day period under the direct supervision of a license pharmacist. The training program must include a 10-hour didactic training on specific topics.
- You must have a documentation of a successful training program on specific areas with oral or written evaluation. The said documents must be made available during inspection by the State Board of Pharmacy in Delaware.
- Must have successfully passed the PTCB exam or other National technician certification exam approved by the State Board of Pharmacy in Delaware.
Is training required for Pharmacy Technicians in Delaware?
Yes, training is required under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist in Delaware
Are Pharmacy Technicians required to have a Continuing Education or CE?
No, Pharmacy Technicians are not required to have continuing education in Delaware.
Other Delaware Pharmacy Technician requirements you need to know:
- Only those certified Pharmacy Technicians with complete training programs approved by the State Board of Pharmacy in Delaware can assist pharmacist on the following duties: obtaining prescription data from physicians, reconstituting oral solutions and other substantial roles.
- Pharmacy technicians can only perform pharmacy functions of certified technicians if he or she has completed a training program approved by the State Board of Pharmacy in Delaware or may have passed the PTCB exam or other National certification programs. These tasks however may only be executed within the facility they are assigned.
- Approved on-the-job training by the State Board of Pharmacy in Delaware is considered a National Pharmacy Technician Training Program.
- Any activities participated by the Pharmacy Technician is under the responsibility of a licensed pharmacist.
The Delaware State Board of Pharmacy Information
Address: Cannon Building, Suite 203, 861 Silver Lake Blvd. Dover, DE 19904
Phone No: 302-744-4500
Are There Any Professional Associations?
The Delaware Pharmacists Society – http://www.dpsrx.org.
Delaware Association of Pharmacy Technicians (ALAPT) – email@example.com