Do Pharmacy Technicians get regulated in Missouri?
Yes, Pharmacy Technicians do get regulated in Missouri.
Is certification required for one to practice as Pharmacy Technician in Missouri?
No, certification is not required by the State Board of Pharmacy in Missouri to practice as a Pharmacy Technician.
What are the approved certification exams required by the State Board of Pharmacy in Missouri?
The State Board of Pharmacy in Missouri does not recognize any of the national exams.
What are the dates of registration for Pharmacy Technicians?
Pharmacy Technician is required to register before employment starts.
Is Pharmacy Technician licensure required in Missouri?
Yes, pharmacy technicians are required by the Missouri State Board of Pharmacy to obtain license before they can practice.
What should I do to become a License Pharmacy Technician?
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check and fingerprinting.
- You must submit a written application requesting registration as a Pharmacy Technician at the Missouri State Board of Pharmacy.
- Include the $35 non-refundable registration fee. For the criminal background check, fees are paid directly to the company who will perform the check. Read further instruction about where to go for a background check and fingerprinting in the application form.
- Make sure the application form is signed by you and duly notarized before submitting.
- You must include your recent 2 x 2 passport-type photo.
Is training required for Pharmacy Technicians in Missouri?
No, the Missouri State Board of Pharmacy does not require training to pharmacy technicians.
Are Pharmacy Technicians required to have a Continuing Education or CE?
No, Pharmacy Technicians are not required to have a continuing education by the Missouri State Board of Pharmacy.
How often is the Pharmacy Technician License renewal required?
Missouri State Board of Pharmacy does not require renewal of license for pharmacy technicians.
What must be done if I change jobs or change my home address?
The Missouri State Board of Pharmacy must be notified within 15 days.
Other Missouri Pharmacy Technician requirements to keep in mind:
- Pharmacy technician display his or her certificate at a designated place in the pharmacy at all times.
- Pharmacy technicians can only perform pharmacy functions that do not require professional judgment.
- The pharmacist-in-charge is responsible for all the actions of the pharmacy technician.
Missouri Board of Pharmacy
Office: 3605 Missouri Boulevard. Jefferson City, MO 65109
Mail: P.O. Box 625
Telephone: 573-751-0091 Fax: 573-526-3464
Professional Association for Missouri Pharm Techs:
Missouri Society of Pharmacy Technicians (MSPT)