Do Pharmacy Technicians get regulated in Nebraska?
Yes, Pharmacy Technicians do get regulated in Nebraska.
Is certification required for one to practice as Pharmacy Technician in Nebraska?
No, certification is not required in Nebraska.
What are the approved certification exams required by the State Board of Pharmacy in Nebraska?
The approved certification exams include PTCB (PTCE) and/or ICPT (ExCPT).
When does Pharmacy Technician registration starts?
Pharmacy Technician registration must be applied within 30 days from the start of employment.
Is Pharmacy Technician licensure required in Nebraska?
Yes, the Montana State Board of Pharmacy requires Pharmacy Technicians to obtain license.
What should I do to become a License Pharmacy Technician?
- You have to be at least 18 years old or older.
- Must have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have no felony or misdemeanor convictions on charges related to non-alcohol or drug related.
- You must submit a written application requesting registration as a Pharmacy Technician at the Nebraska State Board of Pharmacy.
- Include the non-refundable $25 registration fee.
- Include proof of citizenship, lawful permanent residence and/or immigration status information in your application.
Is training required for Pharmacy Technicians in Nebraska?
Yes, training is required to pharmacy technicians under the supervision of the pharmacist-in-charge and must keep records of the on-the-job training.
Are Pharmacy Technicians required to have a Continuing Education or CE?
No, Pharmacy Technicians are not required to get license from the Nebraska State Board of Pharmacy.
How often is the Pharmacy Technician License renewal required?
Nebraska License for Pharmacy Technicians must be renewed biennially on odd-numbered years. License expires on January 1. Renewal fee is $25 and the forms will be sent out by the State Board of Pharmacy.
What must be done if I change jobs or change my home address?
The Nebraska State Board of Pharmacy must be notified immediately by phone at 402-471-2118 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More good to know requirements for Pharmacy Technicians in Nebraska:
- Nebraska pharmacy technician’s is required to carry their wallet card identification at all times while working and display his or her license in the pharmacy.
- Pharmacy technicians can only perform pharmacy functions that do not require professional judgment.
- All actions of the pharmacy technician is under the look out of the supervising pharmacist or pharmacy-in-charge.
- The supervising pharmacist can handle up to two pharmacy technicians at a time in the pharmacy.
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Board of Pharmacy
Office: Division of Public Health, Licensure Unit State Office Building, 301 Centennial Mall South, 3rd Floor. Lincoln, NE 68509-4986
Mail: PO Box 94986
Telephone: 402-471-2118 Fax: 402-471-3577
Professional Association for Nebraska pharmacy techs:
Nebraska Pharmacists Association (NPA)