Do Pharmacy Technicians get regulated in Oklahoma?
Yes, pharmacy technicians are regulated in Oklahoma.
Is certification required for Pharmacy Technicians in Oklahoma?
No, certification for pharmacy technicians in Oklahoma is not required by the State Board of Pharmacy.
What exams are approved by the State Board of Pharmacy in Oklahoma?
There are no exams approved by the State Board of Pharmacy in Oklahoma but employers may have national certification requirements for pharmacy technicians.
When is registration for pharmacy technicians required?
Registration is required but must first complete phase 1 of the pharmacy technician training program. After the registration, pharmacy technicians must begin their on-the-job training and must be completed within 90 days.
Are Pharmacy Technicians required to get their license in Oklahoma?
Yes, Pharmacy Technicians working in Oklahoma are required to get a license.
What should I do to become a License Pharmacy Technician in Oklahoma?
- Must be employed in a pharmacy.
- Must complete phase 1 and 2 of the pharmacy technician training program under the supervision of a pharmacy manager where you currently work.
- Must submit a written application to the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy requesting registration for pharmacy technician. Application may be downloaded here.
- Include payment of $40. Note: Fees are non-refundable.
- Must be able to submit affidavit to affirm citizenship, lawful permanent residence and immigration status information.
Is training required for Pharmacy Technicians in Oklahoma?
Yes, a training program is required by the State Board of Pharmacy in Oklahoma to Pharmacy Technicians under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. A record of the training must be kept.
Are Pharmacy Technicians required to have a Continuing Education or CE?
No, pharmacy technicians are not required to have continuing education by the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy.
How often is the Pharmacy Technician License renewal required?
License renewal for Pharmacy Technician must be renewed annually. Licenses expire on the last day of the birth month of the applicant. You may download application here with a renewal fee of $40.
What should be done if I change jobs or change my home address?
Report any changes to the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy.
Other Oklahoma Pharmacy Technician requirements to keep in mind:
- A name tag must be worn at all times to identify oneself as a pharmacy technician and registration certificates must be displayed in the pharmacy where it is visible.
- Pharmacy technicians may only perform tasks that do not require professional judgment.
- All actions undertaken by the pharmacy technician is under the responsibility of the supervising pharmacist.
- Pharmacist-in-charge is allowed to supervise up to two pharmacy technicians in the pharmacy.
Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy
Office: 4545 Lincoln Blvd., Suite 112. Oklahoma City, OK 73105-3488
Professional Association for Oklahoma Pharmacy Technicians:
Oklahoma Pharmacists Association (OPhA)